Take a Tour: Executive Director Katie Loughary is offering tours of the construction site after service each Sunday. The tour provides a fascinating and enlightening glimpse of the renovation work in progress. Tours are offered after each service.
This Week (October 13-17, 2014):
- Most of the plastering and dry wall installation and repairs have been completed in the renovated spaces.
- Tiling, fixtures and walls are being installed in the new bathrooms.
- Sensors/timers for all new interior lighting have been installed.
- It is expected that Pepco will switch the building over to the new power panels. This will require that power be turned off in the building from Tuesday, October 14th through Thursday, October 16th and the church office will be closed all of this week.
- Once the power has been switched to the new panels, testing of the elevator can begin!
Over the next two weeks…
- Cement will continue to be poured for the front (16th Street) ramp.
- Painting work will begin in the renovated areas.
- Analog lines will be installed for fire alarms, security hardware, and areas of refuge within the building. An area of refuge is designed to hold occupants during a fire or other emergency when evacuation may not be safe or possible.